You don’t often think about needing to look after candles, but if you follow the below steps you will get more enjoyment out of your candles for longer.
There are also a few safety steps in the below too, so please give this a cheeky read and follow them:
- Do not burn for more than 4 hours at a time
- For the first burn, keep the candle lit till the wax has melted up to the edges of the glass (this will stop tunneling)
- For the same reason as above, after the initial burn, try and make sure the whole top layer of the wax is melted evenly before blowing your candle out.
- Please do not leave your candles unattended
- Especially with kids around
- Or animals
- Or drafts
- Or near anything flammable
- Keep your wick trimmed to 6mm
- Once your candle wax is cool, replace the lid
- Store in a cool setting
- When there is only about 1.5 cm of wax left from the bottom of the glass, blow out your candle, clean the wax out of your glass and begin using as a wine glass